9/11 Ceremonies Throughout Monmouth County
Elks to hold service at 6 p.m. in Red Bank
This year marks the 11th Anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks in New York City, Washington D.C. and United Airlines Flight 93.
Every town surrounding us experienced loss, and gathers every year to remember innocent lives lost.
- Matawan will gather its residents and local volunteers for a ceremony in Memorial Park on Tuesday night at 7 p.m. Memorial Park is located at the intersection of Broad Street and Main Street. A Wall of Honor will be constructed to honor lives lost, families left behind and first responders.
- Hazlet residents will gather for a Candle Light Vigil sponsored by Hazlet Recreation on Tuesday, Sept. 11 at 7:30 pm. at Veterans Memorial Park located on Union Avenue.
- Holmdel invites its residents to join in a ceremony on Tuesday night at 7:30 p.m. in front of Holmdel Township Town Hall. The names of the victims of the terrorist attacks who have a Holmdel connection will be read out loud, and a family member or friend will place a rose and lit candle on the 9/11 memorial in front of Town Hall.
- Old Bridge officials will dedicate its newly acquired World Trade Center artifact on Tuesday at 6 p.m. The memorial is located at the Old Bridge Township Municipal Plaza at the intersection of Cottrell Road and County Road 516. The ceremony is open to the public. In the event of rain, the ceremony will take place in the Civic Center.
- Manalapan will hold a candlelight memorial ceremony on Tuesday at 7:30 p.m., at the Manalapan Township Municipal Building. The memorial is located on the Manalapan Township Arboretum.
- Englishtown will be having a ceremony at the Englishtown Fire Dept, 3 So. Main Street, Englishtown at 7 p.m. on Tuesday.
- Keyport Fire Departments will hold the annual remembrance at American Legion Drive on the waterfront on Tuesday at 7 p.m. All welcome.
- Union Beach: Memorial Service will be at 7 p.m. at Firefighter's Park on Front Street.
- Atlantic Highlands: A 7 p.m. service hosted by Monmouth County Park System will be held at Mount Mitchell Scenic Overlook, 460 Ocean Boulevard. Parking is limited. Shuttle buses will be available at East Pointe Plaza, 2390 Route 36, between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- Red Bank: A ceremony will be held at 6 p.m. Riverside Gardens. A repast will be available at the Elks Lodge next door to the park, immediately following the service.