RBR Cyber Security Students Get Television Closeup
Award-winning pupils featured on ABC News segment
- December 28, 2012
Red Bank Regional's award-winning cyber security class in its Academy of Information Technology program recently attracted wide attention with a segment on ABC.
Teacher Mandy Galante told the TV audience how her student cyber sleuths are first taught to hack into computers in order to learn how to best protect them, in a segment led by reporter Art McFarland.
The program recently had two teams place in the top 10 during the NYU-Poly Cyber Forensic finals, held in November in Brooklyn. Students on Team Significant Bits, comprised of Ryan McVeety of Little Silver, Michael Terpak of Union Beach and Alec Jasanovsky of Neptune, each won $12,000 annual scholarships to study at NYU-Poly.
Students on Team PetaFlops, comprised of Emily Wicki of Union Beach, A.J. Ostrander of Millstone and Phil Cundari of Shrewsbury, each won $7,000 annual scholarships, while RBR won $2,000 for the cyber program.
Watch the ABC News segment above.
The Red Bank-Shrewsbury Patch
See the full guide!
Valentine's Shopping Guide
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Court Date Set for McKenna's DWI and Related Charges Following Crash
- County Crime: Murder, 25 Pounds of Pot, Former Mayor's DWI and a Bear
- Red Bank Police Report: DWIs, Assault and Credit Card Fraud
- Tinton Falls Store Sold $95M Mega Millions Lottery Ticket
- Week in News: Hatchet Wielding Hitchhiker, Former Mayor's DWI