Red Bank Police: Burglary, Assault, Disorderly Conduct Charges
Borough authorities' response to incidents from Jan. 18 to Jan. 25
Red Bank police report the following arrests and incidents last week:
- Catherine Street was again subject to a home burglary, after a homeowner reported a break-in Jan. 23.
The resident said someone pried off a storm window to gain access to the home. Once inside, the burglar stole cash, police said.
Red Bank police also are investigating two other burglaries that occurred in January. Police had said someone cut a screen on a bedroom window sometime on Jan. 17 or 18 at a Catherine Street home and stole cash from a dresser drawer. Earlier this month, another Catherine Street resident reported to police the theft of a television, iPod and prescription pills from his/her apartment.
- A West Front Street resident told police on Jan. 20 that the glass door to his/her apartment had been shattered.
- Keith Brooks, 27, of Red Bank was arrested Jan. 24 in the area of Spring Street on a charge of exercising control over a motor vehicle without consent.
- Jake Perez, 28, of Oakhurst was arrested Jan. 21 in the area of Broad Street on a disorderly conduct charge.
- Joseph Sarcoma, 32, of Eatontown was arrested Jan. 20 in the area of Central Avenue on charges of simple assault, criminal mischief, obstructing the administration of law and resisting arrest.
Borough authorities said he assaulted a resident by "repeatedly pushing and shoving" the victim to the ground. Sarcoma also broke the victim's cell phone and a computer monitor, according to documents filed with Superior Court.
After police arrived, Sarcoma left the Central Avenue home in defiance of officers' orders, police said. He then tried to physically break free from officers attempting to detain him, the complaints stated.
He was being held on $15,000 bail, no 10 percent option.
- Benjamin Sciambi, 23, of Port Monmouth was arrested Jan. 19 in the area of Broad Street and charged with disorderly conduct.
- Luis Crespo, 20, of Red Bank was arrested on Jan. 19 in the area of Broad Street on drunken driving and assault by auto charges.