As the founder of Neighbors-helping-Neighbors I am excited to be having a local chapter of our very successful meetings starting up in Monmouth County Library- Eastern Branch next Wednesday at 10:00am. We have over 650 active members meeting in 20 NJ libraries and we have just announced our 118th success story in just 16 months of existence. Monmouth County will be our six NJ county where we have programs
Kathleen Devine is our local facilitator and you can find out more about our meetings and our organization by visiting our web site : www.neighbors-helping-Neighbors.com
NhN is a network of volunteer peer support groups that follow a community-based approach to help under-employed and unemployed residents get back to work. NhN embraces a ‘pay it forward’ ethos, asking all associates to contribute to other members by sharing job search techniques, related professional career development resources, personal referrals and generally providing a forum where members feeling empowered, energized and focused on the job search.
- Provide compassionate, nonjudgmental support to members through networking, coaching, leadership experience, and camaraderie.
- Partner with community business leaders to match members with job openings and volunteer and or paid consulting opportunities.
- Expand network reach throughout local communities where there is a need and interest in the New York-New Jersey metro area and the eventual expansion into other states.
- Be positive in approach and encourage others to remain positive when facing the inherent challenges of the job search.
- Be compassionate and firm, as needed, to maintain productive meeting atmosphere and consistent results orientation.
- Be active in respective home towns by developing the group and its role in each community.
- Take the extra step to help members by sharing personal network and job leads.