Article by Anastasia Millicker
Red Bank Borough Board of Education approved several new hires and renewed Superintendent Laura Morana's contract for another five years at last Tuesday’s Board of Education meeting.
Morana's contract as superintendent of schools for the district was renewed for the period of July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2018 at an annual salary of $145,000. This appointment and salary were approved by the Monmouth County Superintendent of Schools.
The following staff hires were authorized:
• Andrea Grasso will serve as a district guidance counselor beginning Sept. 1 at a salary of $50,640;
• Jessica Stone will serve as a middle school math teacher for the district beginning Sept. 1 at an annual salary of $47,640;
• Toni Baker will serve as a middle school science teacher, replacing Ralph Cardillo, beginning Sept. 1 at an annual salary of $47,640;
• Rebecca Schwartz will serve as a preschool long-term replacement teacher, replacing Jody Tyson, at an annual salary of $50,140 starting Sept. 1;
• Martha Carvajal will serve as a long-term replacement kindergarten teacher, replacing Alyssa May, who is on maternity leave, at a prorated annual salary of $47,140 from Sept. 1 to Nov. 18, 2013;
• Dawn Fowler will serve as the primary school guidance counselor for the district, replacing Jackie Darvin, at an annual salary of $59,045;
• Debra Rochford will serve as the school nurse for the pre-kindergarten education program at an annual salary of $53,600;
• Meliza Lemus will serve as a substitute secretary, at the contractual rate of $20 per hour, Aug. 1 through 31;
• Marie Tollakus will serve as a primary school second grade teacher for the district at annual salary of $47,140 beginning Sept. 1;
• Jason DeLeonardo will serve as the primary school second grade LAL instructional assistant, replacing Sharyn Lynch, at an annual salary of $25,405 plus a $2,000 stipend for holding a bachelor’s degree and $400 stipend for holding a New Jersey teaching certificate.