Shrewsbury police have reported the following thefts, burglary and arrests:
• A theft of $2,133 in merchandise was reported in the area of the Ann Taylor store on Broad Street on Sept. 13. Patrolman Ralph Latham investigating.
• Someone reported the theft of a purse, with damages totaling $310 on Sept. 18 in the area of Marshalls on Broad Street. The purse was later recovered. Patrolman Frank Neary took the report.
• The burglary of an unlocked vehicle parked in the area of 55-59 White Road was reported on Sept. 19. A wallet, with damages totaling $110, was reported stolen from the vehicle. Sgt. Michael Gallagher investigating.
• Luis Atehortua, 44, of South River was arrested on Sept. 17 and charged with theft by deception in the area of Sycamore Avenue by Detective James Ramsey.
• A juvenile male was arrested on Sept. 17 and charged with obstruction of justice and resisting arrest in the area of Trafford Street by Patrolman Tracy Polk. The juvenile was released to his parents.
* Police also reported two contempt of court arrests.