Residents who turned down the opportunity of FEMA housing assistance have another chance to receive temporary aid.
Sandy victims who elected not to relocate while repairs were made at their homes became ineligible for FEMA assistance. If that decision proved to be unwise, residents can apply for aid by:
- Calling 800-621-3362 to apply for temporary housing assistance if it's been less than 30 days since receiving a FEMA determination letter;
- Writing a letter to FEMA if it's been more than 30 days since the determination letter. Explain that you want to change your earlier response, explain how your circumstances have changed and that you'd like FEMA temporary housing assistance.
Help also is available at FEMA Disaster Recovery Centers:
- Belmar Municipal Building, 601 Main St., Belmar;
- Henry Hudson Trail Activity Center, 945 Route 36, Leonardo;
- Union Beach Municipal Building, 650 Poole Ave., Union Beach;
- Long Branch Fire Station 4, 109-205 Union Ave., Long Branch;
- Bell Crest Plaza, 953 Fischer Boulevard, Toms River;
- Brick Township Civic Center, 270 Chambers Bridge Road, Brick;
- Bay Head Fire Station, 81 Bridge Ave., Bay Head;
- Harvey Cedars Bible Conference Centers, 12 Cedars Ave., Harvey Cedars.