After graduating from college with a bachelor's degree in art, Dana Parisi was set to attend graduate school when she and a friend were presented with an offer to buy The Finicky Framer; about 20 years later, she still owns the store and frames all flat and three-dimensional objects on the premises. Art, posters and photography can be encased in any one of the thousands of frames available, samples of which are affixed to the store's entire interior; sports jerseys, mirrors, maps, certificates and needlework are welcome. Christening gowns are often brought in for professional framing, and the store uses acid-free conservation materials. Parisi and staff have more than 50 years combined experience, and they consider customer service to be of paramount importance. The Finicky Framer also sells a selection of wood and metalworked easels in varying sizes.
- Hours: Tue - Sat, 10am - 5:30pm; Sun, Mon, closed
- Handicap Accessible: A small walkway in front of Sycamore Square makes for a level entrance, and the store's front area is wide open.
- Founding Date: 1989
- Payments accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Wood, metal and other frames and framing materials; plexiglass display cases and flag cases; wood and metal easels
- Services: Delivery, Gift certificates
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Any dos or don'ts when it comes to framing?: Do come to The Finicky Framer, where you'll get all the information you'll need to preserve your art and memorabilia.