Thursday, January 24, 2013
A fundraising website for Kerri Dalton's expenses has been announced.
Kerri Dalton, the victim of a violent stabbing attack at Bed Bath and Beyond in Middletown on Jan. 17, is in "good condition" at Jersey Shore University Medical Center in Neptune, a spokesman said. The 29-year old Keansburg resident is taking strength by the expressions of support by the community, said her husband, Roger Dalton, in a written statement read aloud to the press by spokesman Robert Cavanaugh at the medical center. “Kerri and I are thankful for the outpouring of support Kerri has received from family, friends and the public. Words of concern and encouragement have meant so much during this difficult time. Each and every day, Kerri is improving physically, and we are so grateful for the care she has received. But she has a …
Sunday, January 20, 2013
The Planning Board continues the hearing to February.
The Middletown Township Planning Board heard more testimony from the developer who is eyeing the wooded Taylor Lane tract in Middletown, but took no action on the application at its meeting Wednesday. Testimony will continue at the Feb. meeting. American Properties at Middletown, LLC is seeking preliminary and final site major subdivision, and preliminary & final major site plan approval to construct 196 townhomes and 49 affordable units, along with a 3,600 foot clubhouse and a pool in the area across from Target on Route 35. The board allowed time for a few citizens, of the dozens present, to ask questions about the plans for Heritage at Middletown.
Friday, January 18, 2013
Defense reserves right to file motion on bail.
The Middletown man accused of stabbing a woman at Bed Bath & Beyond was stone-faced and did not speak during an initial appearance in Judge Thomas F. Scully’s courtroom in Freehold on Friday afternoon. Tyrik S. Haynes, 19, faces attempted murder and weapons charges after he allegedly stabbed a 29-year-old Keansburg woman 12 times while she was in the store shopping with her child. Haynes’ attorney, public defender Patrice Hayslett, said in court that she would reserve the right to file a motion for a reduction in the $1,050,000 bail set for him. The victim, identified by CBS News as Kerri Dalton, was in critical but stable condition on Friday, according to a press release issued by the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office. Haynes did not …
Sunday, December 30, 2012
Emergency closure ended Saturday afternoon
After Monmouth County engineers examined the problem and were able to ensure safety to motorists after a Thursday morning mudslide onto the road before the Oceanic Bridge, the span was again open to traffic on late Saturday afternoon — but only until Jan. 7. On Jan. 7, the bridge will close again for an estimated three weeks to add upgraded equipment and new gates, or safety updates, according to county officials. The update installation, officials said, had been pending for some time. Officials also stressed that the emergency closure caused by what they deemed a "slope failure" on the banks of the Navesink on the bridge's Middletown side had nothing to do with the pending Jan. 7 closure or the bridge itself, only the land above it.
Saturday, December 29, 2012
The estimated three-week closure will start Jan. 7.
Saturday, December 29, 2012
Not to be confused with the Thursday emergency Oceanic Bridge shutdown, due to an embankment mudslide, long-planned safety upgrades to the bridge are coming soon, and so is another bridge closure. On Jan. 7, Monmouth County will begin its slated project to upgrade the safety systems on the bridge, which connects Rumson and Middletown. The work requires the closure of the bridge to vehicles and pedestrian traffic during the estimated three-week work period that is expected to conclude on Jan. 28. The bridge’s roadway will be closed so the contractor, IEW Construction Group, can replace safety gates and perform other upgrades and maintenance work. “This work is required because the existing equipment is outdated and replacement parts are …
Friday, May 18, 2012
Officials and residents gathered for the opening ceremony on the bridge
It was a beautiful day for a bridge re-opening. After seven months of repair work and a gathering, replete with speeches and ribbon cutting, the historic Oceanic Bridge did something this morning it hasn’t done all those months — it opened, to many smiles, sighs of relief and gasps of amazement at the sight so close up. Officials, dignitaries and residents of both Rumson and Middletown stood right at the foot of the revamped 98-foot moveable portion as horns sounded and each side of the freshly painted green drawbridge rose, marking the official opening of the span to traffic. “Wow,” Rumson Mayor John Ekdahl said. “After all these years, this is the first time I’ve ever seen it open so close-up. This is a first for me. And, I also got to …
Thursday, February 23, 2012
The $12 million project is expected to take between 18 and 24 months once it begins.
The new Front Street bridge project will include pedestrian walkways, wide shoulders, public access to the river, and at minimum four months of driving headaches for those already all too familiar with the regular frustration caused by the Red Bank and Middletown connector. Design plans and details for the long-awaited proposed Front Street bridge replacement project were outlined before the Red Bank Council Wednesday night by Monmouth County Engineer Joe Ettore. The plan, one that’s nearly a decade in the making, has gone through multiple redesigns before officials arrived at the current one, which they promise will impact residents the least. According to Ettore, the $12 million project is slated to begin early in 2013. The …